Cloudy Days



Happy Monday morning! I always knew the weather in NYC/NJ is quite crazy and extreme at times, but I couldn't believe that there was another hurricane (Hurricane Joaquin) scare last week! Fortunately, it did no harm and veered off before it hit the Jersey shore, but the weather became chilly and cloudy for the past few days due to the incoming storm, which made me dig up my warmer clothes and went for an early fall shopping spree.

It happened to be the perfect time to go shopping since I didn't know what to wear for last weekend's Generation Beauty event. It was my first Generation Beauty experience, and it was nothing but fun and inspiring. Not only did I receive an amazing goodie bag full of products and free makeovers, I was able to network with many stylists and beauty lovers from all over the US, learn about different makeup and cosmetic brands, and enjoy my Saturday at such a lively and inspiring event. I'm already looking forward to next year's GenBeauty event.

For my outfit, I decided to wear a white, V-neck top with my navy blue blazer over it because it's always good to layer up with this kind of weather. And I like to have a blazer or cardigan handy when I'm attending any indoor events. Sometimes that AC can be unreasonably too much. My platform heels were extremely comfy, yet they did the magic to spice up my look making it chic and smart. As usual, if I didn't need to, I wouldn't carry more than I need, so my small cross-body bag was enough to carry all my basic essentials.

Even though it was tempting for me to spurge on some makeup goodies, I held back...cause I'm traveling soon! Can you guess where I'm going? (Hint: This is not a new place.)

Blazer: Nordstrom (similar) // Top: H&M (similar) // Jeans: H&M  
Shoes: Call It Spring (similar) // Sunnies: Chanel // Watch: Michael Kors (similar)
 Bag: Kate Spade

4 comments:

  1. great post ! i love all component ! your outfit and place.
    btw mind to following each other on instagram? is nice to meet and know fashion people around the world

    www.sabrinamaida.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your blog too! And yes, I'm already following you <3

      Delete
  2. Nice post! I love the pictures and I especially love the side profile picture of you on the steps. It's a cool and mysterious look =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =) Thanks for your feedback! and that's mainly because I have a very lovely sister who's great at taking pictures <3

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.